Worlds Carousel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules (Read Before Posting)

Go down

Rules (Read Before Posting) Empty Rules (Read Before Posting)

Post by Roderich Edelstein Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Your list of Admins and Mods are listed below

Leader - Roderich Edelstein
Co leader - Gilbert Beilschmidt

Admins

Arthur Kirkland
Francis Bonnefoy

The following are the basic rules for the forum.

1) Abide by All Board Rules. Each board has its own rules. Posting there implies that you've read said rules. Make sure that you don't break any of the rules set down within the specific forums.

2) Be Polite to Your Fellow RPers. If you're having a problem with someone in specific, let me or one of the mods know. Although I am more than happy to help you with any problems you may have, nothing excuses rudeness and I will not be tolerant of any nasty personal remarks that are made. (Being rude IC is fine, of course and for many characters is actually impossible to avoid).

3) Don't Post Topics in the Wrong Board. This includes OOC threads in the RP boards and Private RPs labeled clearly along with the type of pairing, Open threads labeled as open threads. I don't want to have to screw with the admin panel to move threads around, and I'll be very annoyed if I have to do it just because someone else wasn't paying attention.

4) Don't Bring Personal Issues into the Game. I understand that not everyone will get along. But no making IC vendettas over petty personal arguments. That's just obnoxious and immature, and causes a huge mess. Of course, characters will meet, clash and like and dislike one another but make sure that those interactions are the characters' doings, not the players'.

5) Respect the Admin and Moderators. Resent us. Disagree with us. Loathe us. I don't care, just make sure you respect us. Simple as that. I'll respect you regardless of my personal opinion and the moderators will do the same. We expect the same from you. If you don't that is the fastest way to get banned.

6) All members are required to do a tryout, unless invited by me or its been discussed with all the mods in this forum. It's not a matter of playing favourites, simply, some members are invited after rping with one of us so we can tell if he/she is good or not. You are also given the time limit of 2 weeks if you need more time you have to pm one of the admins. After you have been accepted post in the introduction section as well as upload a user image. Failing to do so will grant you a warning, if you do not respond to the warning your account will be deleted no exceptions.

7) You are required to post a character profile in whichever theme 2 weeks after being accepted.

8 ) If you are interested in a pairing rp PLEASE pm the character and ask. Do not start a pairing rp and expect the person to interact without asking. Its just bad manners not to mention the rper may not want to interact with you.

9 ) Members are expected to interact in the open threads as well , this isn't a one to one its a group. It is unfair for the members who have yet found a pairing or selected one. And generally, the whole point of joining a forum is to meet new people, interact with others and so on. If you wanted only one-to-ones, should've stuck to emails, livejournal or whatever you youngsters use these days.

10)If you're planning on being un-active for a period of time, inform one of the mods or post in the appropriate section. Please.

11) You are expected to be active and post in an open thread regularly, at least a post once a week, If you cannot do so due to certain reasons, inform one of the admins or myself in regards to it. Failure to do so will grant you a warning. Followed up by having your account deleted when no response is given. Pairing threads are cool and nice but really, the point of the forum is to interact so even if you have a pairing topic going on, you gotta participate with rps with everyone too.

12) You are not allowed to start pming members just to advertise your own group. You are allowed to place a link for it in your signature and that is all. This is a place for rping not spamming ads.

13) You are only allowed to join minimum 2 characters. You must be active and up to a certain amount of posts before you can request a second.

14) After joining this forum, you must involve yourself in at least ONE main theme that is offered before joining ANY role plays in the non-themed section.
If you don't already have a profile in one main theme already please add one before continuing further in the non-themed role plays.

Basically, there are two kinds of topics going on here: open threads, which are open for all members to join in at anytime they want, and pairing threads (these also include threesomes, foursomes or generally, rps focusing and restricted to a certain group only). Yes, allowing this sort of RP is exclusive, but it is also the best way to give people (especially those doing pairings) their privacy and save others unnecessary brain bleaching. Obviously, the open threads are for everyone to join in and have some innocent fun. If you wish to include a character in your rp which is controlled by someone else. You need to discuss with the person if what you have decided to do is aright with them or not. How you see the character may not be how they see them.

Last edited by Roderich Edelstein on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein
Spirit of all things Music

Back to top Go down

Rules (Read Before Posting) Empty Re: Rules (Read Before Posting)

Post by Roderich Edelstein Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am

That being said there are a few rules you need to follow within the Pairing/Group RP:

1) Explicitly designate who is and who is not included in a specific RP. Vague terms like "The Asians" or "The Europeans" don't cut it. You have to specify "Japan, China, and Hong Kong" or "England, France and Spain" etc. Those who make vague categories will be warned and then their topics will be deleted. The pairings are required to be put in the topic however, if the rp doesn't focus on pairings but just interactions of a group, you don;t have to add any specific markers.

2) No entering RPs which you are not listed as a member of. Nothing stops you from reading them but if you post in them your posts will be deleted and we will be speaking with you. Everyone may enter topics marked as open threads; if there are topics with a pairing listed or no markers at all (which point to a larger yet limited group which doesn't have to focus on pairings) don't enter unless you are placed as one of the members allowed.

3) No kicking people out once you start a topic. Sorry, if for some reason you want to remake a topic with less people (or you want privacy with a certain special someone within a topic) that is fine, but you need to make a new topic to do so. You can, however, expand a RP to include more people. Although if you do so you need to make sure you edit the intro post for the topic to include that person so they don't get in trouble. If someone is causing trouble in the RP thread, contact us and we'll deal with it; don't just kick someone out on your own. Don't purposefully ignore people also; once someone joins in, make sure to acknowledge them.

4) Don't abuse the system. If we find out that people are being purposefully mean or purposefully exclusive with this all the mods will be very upset, and no one wants that. You're all mature RPers and we expect you to act like it. Don't let us down.

5) Make sure to state in the topic if the RP is R-rated. That pretty much speaks for itself. Not everyone wants to read such stuff, you know and we're trying to make it a member-friendly place here.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum